IRCTC Platform Ticket Booking: Indian Railway is introducing the facility of booking unreserved suburban tickets on smartphones. The application has been developed in-house by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS). The passenger has to book the ticket in the mobile phone and print the ticket on the ATVMs installed at the journey originating (Source ) Station. The passenger has to maintain a Railway Wallet(R-wallet) with Railways to the facility.
IRCTC Platform Ticket Booking App Download (Android/iOS/Windows)
The downloadable mobile application will be uploaded in the OEMs application store.(ie) Android app in Google play store. The passenger can download the mobile ticketing app from the appropriate application store.
Ticket booking: The passengers are allowed to book normal (non-concession) journey/return paperless tickets. The journey date will always be current date. No advance ticket booking is allowed.
IRCTC Platform Ticket Booking App – UTS
1. The ‘utsonmobile’ app is developed in-house by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS).
2. The ‘utsonmobile’ Application is available for both Android and Windows smartphone. Users can download this app from Google Play Store or Windows store free of cost.
3. First the passenger will get registered by providing his/her mobile number, name, city, default booking train type, class, ticket type, number of passenger and frequently travelling routes.
4. Upon successful registration, Railway Wallet (R-Wallet) will be created automatically with zero balance to the passenger. There will be no extra cost for creating R-Wallet.
5. The R-Wallet can be recharged either at any of the UTS counter or through recharge option available in the https://www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in website.
6. Currently, Paperless Ticket can be booked for Journey Ticket, Season Ticket and Platform Ticket. Platform Ticket booking is allowed for some selected stations only.
7. In case internet connection of the mobile is not up, then ticket booking is not allowed.
8. No advance ticket booking is allowed. (i.e.)The journey date will always be current date.
9. Paperless Ticket:
The passenger can book paperless Journey Ticket, Season Ticket and Platform Ticket through mobile application and ticket will be delivered in the mobile application itself. The passenger can travel without taking hardcopy of the ticket. Whenever Ticket Checking Staff asks for ticket, the passenger will use ‘Show Ticket’ option in the app.
a. The smartphone should be GPS enabled to book paperless ticket.
b. The paperless tickets are not allowed for cancellation.
c. The journey should commence within one hour after booking paperless ticket.
d. The Season ticket can be issued/renewed from mobile application and it will be valid from the next day of booking the ticket. No need of GPS for issue/renewal of Season Ticket.
e. Platform Ticket can also be booked from mobile application.
f. In case passenger is not able to show the ticket on mobile then it is considered as ticketless travel.
10. Paper Ticket:
The passenger can book ticket through the mobile app. On booking of ticket, he/she will get Booking ID along with other ticket details. The booking details will also be available in booking history. The booking ID will also be conveyed through an SMS.
a. After booking Paper ticket, Passenger can go to the journey originating (source) station to take ticket print out from any of the ATVM there, by entering his/her registered mobile number and booking ID. The Journey is valid only with printed ticket.
b. The cancellation of Paper ticket is allowed either at the counter after printing the ticket or through the app before printing the ticket. However, in both the cases, cancellation fee is applicable.
c. The journey should commence within one hour after printing paper ticket in the kiosk.
11. For detailed help, visit website “https://www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in”.
1. Quick Booking – Book Ticket using frequent travel routes.
2. Normal Booking – Book Ticket for any routes defined for the city.
3. Season Ticket – Book Season ticket for any routes defined for the city.
4. Platform Ticket – Book Platform ticket
5. Cancel Ticket – Cancel a Ticket before taking Ticket Printout @ Kiosk. However, Cancellation of Paperless ticket is not allowed.
6. Booking History – Show already booked tickets with rebook option.
7. Show Ticket – This feature will be used by the passenger as and when TTE/TC asked for ticket. This feature is for paperless ticket.
8. Profile – Manage the passenger profile and check RWallet balance.
9. Sync Ticket – The option is available under profile feature. This is used to remove the old expired tickets and sync latest valid ticket from the server.
10. Logout – The application will shutdown.