How to Book Ola Cab Without Internet Connection: India’s largest cab aggregator Ola has now made it easier to book a cab even without an internet connection i.e., offline booking. Its new offline feature lets passengers on slow networks make a booking by sending a couple of SMSes.
How to Book Ola Cab Without Internet Connection – Ola offline Booking
Booking a cab via an app has become the norm for most of us, but what do you do if there’s no data connectivity where you’re waiting? Ola has an answer to that question, and on Monday sent out an email to its users to introduce Offline Booking.
- Ola announced its new Offline Booking feature on Monday
- Users can book cabs even without the Internet now
- The app sees you’re offline and prompts you to book via SMS
Now, Ola app will allow users to book cabs without internet. According to Ola, if the user is offline, the app will ask him/her to send the location via SMS. A User will be asked to send his location only for the first few times. Once the booking is confirmed user will receive an SMS with driver details.
No Internet? Book Now Uing SMS!
1. Tap the button below to send your current location by SMS.
2. Get details of nearby cabs. Send an SMS to RIDE Now.
3. You can call driver to know the location of your ride.
Here is how ‘Ola Offline’ works:
1) While attempting to book a cab on the Ola app in the absence of an Internet connection, users will now get two options: Retry or Book via SMS.
2) Customers can choose to Retry if they’ve come to a place with better Internet connectivity, or go with the second option.
3) On selecting the latter, users will get redirected to their default messaging app where they will see a pre-entered text message requesting Ola to book a cab.
4) On sending the text message, users will get an SMS with the particulars of the nearest available cabs across categories.
5) Once they select their preferred cab category, they will receive driver and cab details instantly by SMS.
6) The driver, on the other hand, will also receive customer contact details and the GPS triangulated the location of the user.
The offline feature is only available in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai for now, but will be rolled out in the 102 cities where Ola operates in the next few weeks. It can also be used only for cabs for now and excludes categories such as shared rides, auto rickshaws, shuttles, rentals, and outstation cabs.
Image Credits: http://gadgets.ndtv.com