NEET 2017 Application Form Apply Online, Eligibility, Last Date for submission
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test – NEET 2017 Notification has been announced by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The NEET 2017 examination is scheduled on 7th May. Eligible and interested aspirants may apply from 31st January to 1st March 2017. Candidates can apply through online on CBSE-NEET official website, cbseneet.nic.in. Candidates waiting for the NEET notification 2017 -18 can check more details of eligibility criteria, application process and more details from here below.
NEET 2017 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the organizer of NEET examination. CBSE annually conducts the NEET examination to provide eligibility for aspirants to get into the medical courses of; MBBS / BDS. Candidates aspiring to study medicine in National level educational organizations must qualify the NEET examination with good merit.
As per the reports there are 6 government and 14 self-financed medicinal universities exist in the country. There are 3,300 MBBS seats are available across the Nation. The CBSE examination is conducted annually by CBSE. This examination earlier called as All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT). Now, this is named as NEET examination. Annually more than 10 lkh candidates compete for NEET examination. Candidates must qualify with good rank to get admission in MBBS / BDS in national level colleges.
CBSE NEET 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
Educational Qualification, Age Limit, and other requirements
- Aadhaar card is mandatory to apply for NEET 2017 examination
- Students attempting the CBSE NEET examination must have the necessary educational qualification Intermediate / 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology with English.
- The minimum percentage for general category is 50%, for SC/ST/OBC is 40%, for general PH is 45% and for SC/ST/OBC handicapped is 40%.
- Candidates may attempt the exam only 3 times untill cross the maximum age limit
- The candidates appearing for the qualifying exam can also apply. They must have to show the passing certificates complying with the percentage criteria at the time of first round of counselling.
- Marks obtained in math shall not be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
- Lower age limit is 17 years candidates more than 25 years will not be allowed to apply for the examinations.
Eligibility for 85% State Quota Seats
All the states participating in the NEET 2017 will fill their 85% seats of MBBS/BDS though state counselling, while the remaining 15% of the seats will be filled through All India centralized counselling. The eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states are mentioned below:
- Candidates must have completed/appearing 10th and 12th from the state.
- Candidate must possess a valid domicile of the state.
- Candidate should posses a residency proof of the state.
- Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
Eligibility for 15% Quota seats
- The candidate must be the citizen of India or Overseas citizen.
- The candidates must have completed the age of 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of Admission.
- The upper age limit is 25 years (5 years relaxation for the SC/ST/OBC candidates) as on or before 31st December of the year of Admission.
- The candidates belong to J&K, AP and Telangana are eligible to appear the exam only for the admission to the AFMC, Pune on the basis of self declaration.
CBSE NEET Online Application – Application Process
Candidates having the suitable eligibility criteria as above can apply through online. The CBSE NEET Online application 2017 will be available on CBSE-NEET official page cbseneet.nic.in from 31st January to 1st March 2017.
- Initially visit the CBSE-NEET Official website.
- One can find ‘Online Services’ Link on the home page.
- Under that ‘ Apply Online’ link will be visible, click on it.
- Read all the basic instructions, terms and conditions and click on ‘Proceed to apply online NEET (UG) 2017’ Button
- Fill up all the details such as, candidate’s name, mother’s name, father’s name, category, date of birth, gender, nationality, quota, identification type, mobile number, email-id details.
- Upload the scanned photograph, signature, scanned copies of educational and other documents.
- Type the capcha carefully. And click on ‘Next’ button.
- Confirm the details and pay the application fee.
- Finally click on Submit button to submit the NEET online application.
- After applying the acknowledgement will be sent to the registered mobile number and email. Take printout of it for further usage.
CBSE NEET Application Fee 2017:
Candidates must have to pay the CBSE NEET application fee while applying for the examination. The application fee can be paid through debit card / credit card/ net banking / e-wallet / UPI or any other prescribed format.
- Application Fee For General / OBC Candidates : Rs 1400
- Application Fee For SC/ ST/ PH Candidates : Rs 750
- Starting Date to Apply for NEET examination : 31st January 2017
- Last Date to apply for NEET 2017 : 1ST March 2017