As you all know the OPT extension was in jeopardy but finally it seems that the new OPT STEM extension of 24 months will be published soon on March 10, 2016. Currently, it was under publishing.
How a student can work for 3 years ?
- Once he got F-1 VISA and reached United States, he can complete his/her master’s easily by studying hard.
- At the last semester of Graduation a student can have a chance to work in the US by taking CPT – Curriculum Practical Training.
- You can take this one and working in the semester near to the school that your are graduating. This will give permission from your school.
- Now, every student can apply for OPT before 90days of their graduation or 60 days after their graduation.
- It needs to be reached your application to USCIS by the ending of 60 th day or with in 30 days of OPT I-20 generation date.
- Once it’s approved from USCIS a student can get 12 months of work Authorization.
- At the end of their OPT he/she can apply now for 24 months extension, previously it was only 17 months.
- Now you can have another 24 months to work in the United States.
This rule is going to publish by court n March 10th, 2016.